1/4
PUNCH POWERTRAIN

Architect:  DBV-architecten
 

PROJECT TEAM:

Stefaan Vanheeswyck:        Project Manager
Robin Jaime:                   Project Coördinator
Me:       BIM-modelor and modelcoördinator

Liene Spee:     Junoir Architect and modelor
Vanessa Bullen:                  Interior Architect

 

PROJECT AND SITE:
3 modeled existing buildings (and 9 volumetric) 
15 new buildings or extentions containing offices, research, logistics and fabrication.

A renewed site with parkinglot's, walkways and a car testing area.
 

MODELS:

1 site model, 9 building models. The first few buildings where coördinated with DWG. Newer buildings with IFC integration. 

BIM USES:

 

3D model reviewing: With the client and the design team 

Visualizations: Quick visualizations as shown here as well as for quality presentations (which I, unfortunately, do not have.)  

 

5D quantity takeoff: around 90% of all elements are taken from the model. The remaining 10% was preferred by hand.

Initial models where created for internal use only. But the more buildings were added to the project, to more engineers started participating in IFC.

Special thanks to the team at
DBV-architecten for this opportunity.